Session 1: Ontario Industry Leaders: Cap and Trade Challenges and Opportunities
Chair: Tyson Dyck,
Senior Manager, Carbon Strategy and Integrated Resource Planning, Enbridge Gas Distribution
Energy and Carbon Manager, Western University
Energy Director, Ivaco Rolling Mills
Environmental Superintendent, AV Terrace Bay
This session will bring together senior representatives heading carbon strategies for Ontario companies to discuss current and future challenges and opportunities under cap and trade.
- What are the top concerns for Ontario participants at this stage of the program?
- How are compliance processes and best practices evolving?
- What tools and resources have been most useful in developing carbon strategies?
- How is uncertainty around the post-2020 landscape impacting business planning?
- What key information on the post-2020 rules would allow participants to develop plans?
- What would be assist to better identify opportunities in the secondary market?
- Key takeaways from the first combined auction with Quebec and California
- How is political uncertainty impacting carbon strategy development?
- What are the next steps for Ontario participants in evolving their cap and trade plans?